Earn online. Contact me for mor info.

Friday, June 12, 2015

CM Punk Interview on His Mixed Martial Arts Training

Joe Rogan conducted this CM Punk interview to give the ex-wrestler (?) the chance to explain his mixed martial arts training prior to entering into battle in the UFC:

Rogan: …But your wrestling days are over. You have decided to enter the Octagon, and fight mixed martial arts professionally.

Punk: Well I’d say my professional wrestling days are over, (but) I’m sure Im going to have to do plenty of wrestling in there. Ah, it’s awesome to be here—it’s very awesome to be here.

Rogan:  How long---I know you’ve been training with Rener Gracie for quite a while. I know you’ve been around the UFC for quite a while---how long have you been contemplating this, and what ultimately motivated your decision?

Punk: This has been something that’s been on my mind for a very, very long time. I have a background in kempo, I’ve done Brazilian jujitsu off and on for a very, very long time. But the idea of being able to step into the Octagon, and find out what’s inside myself, and test myself, is an opportunity I am not able to deny myself. I don’t think I would have been able to live with myself if I didn’t give this a shot.

Rogan:  So is this something that, watching guys like Brock Lesnar become very successful in the UFC, seeing all the fights, watching it live, you just felt like, it’s now or never. You only have a certain amount of time in this life.

Punk: Yeah, I mean it felt it was now or never about three years ago. I resigned with the WWE, and gave it the old college try, and it is now or never for me. I have a limited window, just like all fighters do, so I fully intend to get in there. I’m here for a fight, to either get my ass kicked, or to kick somebody’s ass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment